// Our Process
Step 1: Call Us to Setup Your Free Consultation
Give us a call 402.431.3111. You’ll meet directly with us, the owners of MonkeyBars Garage Storage Systems in Omaha, Rick & Marian Langel. We’ll schedule an appointment at your home to give you a free consultation and estimate.
Step 2: Consultation
Your storage needs are unique. That’s what’s so great about our garage storage system, it’s customizable and easily adapts to your changing needs. We will ask you some questions to understand exactly what your storage needs are before we propose any storage solutions. We’ll show you examples of some available options to fit your budget and provide all of the right information to make an informed decision without pressure.
Helpful Tip: Prior to your appointment, think about how you’d like your garage to work for you. We’ve found it’s helpful to consider these questions:
- What things will be stored long-term (and are okay slightly out of reach)?
- What do I need access to on a daily/weekly/monthly basis?
- Is there anything special we’ll need to work around?
- Why did I wait so long to do this?
When we arrive, we’ll take some pictures (no need to be embarrassed–there’s nothing we like more than drastic improvements!), some measurements, and some notes. Then we’ll draft up a customized garage organization plan while we’re there, taking into consideration everything you’ve told us.
When you’ve decided on what fits your needs best, we’ll setup an installation date and we’ll send you a helpful checklist of items that will help the installation process go smoother. Mostly organizing your items into specific sections. Here’s a quick video tip on organization.
Step 3: Installation
Congrats on making the decision to have your garage outfitted with MonkeyBars Storage Solutions! As your installation day approaches, you can help make the most of your garage transformation by preparing what you’d like to store.
- First things first, it’s time to determine what stays and what goes. Make three piles: Discard, Donate, and Delegate. Once the first two piles are complete, you’ll sort the last pile into long-term (on the upper shelves) and short-term (lower shelves and hanging items).
- Now that you know what’s going in the garage, think about how you’d like it organized. Many of our customers prefer to corral like items in easy-to-manage 18-gallon totes (which, incidentally fit perfectly on our 24″ shelves). While our shelves can handle any size of heavy plastic totes with ease, we want to make sure you can safely access them when you need them. After all, what good is it to have items tucked away in a container if it’s too heavy to get back down?
- On the day of install, please give us a 5-6′ berth on each wall so that we can work cleanly and safely in the space.
- And, lastly, sit back and prepare to be amazed–and to amaze your neighbors every time they drive by.
We’re highly trained in proper installation of Monkey Bars Products to ensure the safety of our products. Depending on the size of your project, installation takes a few hours. When the installation is complete we will clean up our things and show you how to effectively use your new system. We’ll even help you hang your stuff to make sure you have the correct hooks for the job.
Step 4: Activate Your Warranty
Activating your warranty is the last step. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, you can rest assured that your products carry warranties. We are not satisfied if you are not satisfied. We will follow up to see how your storage solution has been working and see what questions we can answer. We know you’ll love your new garage and we look forward to hearing about your experience with us.